Hi, everyone! I am back from Gishwhes, so lets jump right into it!
I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Darque Dreamer Reads! Thank you so much! ❤
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Give 11 random facts about you.
3. Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
- I am an editor for a horror publisher, which I’m sure you guessed from my love of contemporary YA novels. I think that the reason I enjoy working for this company is that what I get to read is so different from what I usually read. I love it.
- I also work for the Harry Potter Alliance! This is such a wonderful place to work. I felt like I had to start working toward the greater good since November, and I’ve been interested in the HPA since it appeared on my radar in 2008ish. So I’m thrilled to be apart of this organization.
- For fun, I attend improv shows at a local theater near where I live and I’ve decided I was their unofficial photographer 3 years ago and take pictures of their shows.
- This year was my 5th Gishwhes, my 3rd summer with the best Gishwhes Team (Team Banana Ninjas). I couldn’t ask for a better team ever.
- I have 3 tattoos
- I am hyper competitive and will turn everything into a competition. EVERYTHING.
- Before this year I have never completed my books in a year GoodReads goal. I’m currently 8 short of my 2017 goal. So unless something terrible happens I am going to win.
- I am a Slytherin– and this is very important to me
- During the Paper Towns book tour in 2008, I sat next to John Green’s wife. It was one of the first time members of the nerdfighter community saw her, and I feel like this is an important fact about my life.
- My favorite authors are Maureen Johnson and John Irving, who couldn’t be more different from each other.
- I listen to so many podcasts. I started listening to Podcasts because one of my friends started his own podcast, I published a post about it last week, and from there I started listening to Welcome to Nightvale, and now I listen to so many podcasts. Approximately all of them are about murder.
Have you read a book with a perfect ending?
I don’t think books can have a perfect ending. I think that would take away from it. Good endings, yes. Perfect, if there is one out there, I haven’t found it. Although the ending of The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vices and Virtues was pretty fantastic.
Does your favorite movie have a perfect ending?
I think the Back to the Future trilogy has a really good conclusion. The third movie isn’t the greatest movie, but I think it wraps up the ideas of the three movies very nicely and shows the lessons that Marty learned in his travels.
Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I wanted to read more. I wanted to find books that were outside of my comfort zone and more diversely. I figured that following other bloggers who read what I read and even those who enjoy things a little different, would help me actually reach my 50 books in a year goal. (which it has.)
Do you have a follower goal in mind?
The fact that more than just my friend Jen reads and follows my blog is kind of mind blowing. I mean, I do have the delusions of grandeur that I will become a very important YA book blogger and people will value my opinion about books over all else, but that’s (probably) never going to happen.
What advice would you give to your beginner blog self?
Just be yourself and don’t worry about reading and reviewing the newest releases. Everyone is reviewing new releases. Stop buying new books because you have to pay the cable bill and it’s a problem. You have enough books. (I do not take this advice and buy more books)
Where is the best place you have visited?
I met Snoop Dogg in Ireland.
But probably Rome. I loved Rome it was so beautiful and full of history and it just felt alive.
Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
Maureen Johnson. But also my high school English teacher.
What is your favorite book or movie genre?
Books I tend to enjoy YA contemporary most. But I’m not going to say no to most genres. I don’t like watching horror, but I will read some of it (because I have to because it’s literally my job). I don’t like being scared, but I do enjoy a good thriller.
If you could write yourself in to a book or movie, which one would you be a character in?
I would be Marty McFly from Back to the Future.
Do you like going to concerts?
I love them! I don’t go to millions of them, but I love the energy and watching my favorite musicians do what they do best live.
The last one I went to was Panic! at that Disco last year, and I’m going to see Hanson in October.
What is one food you absolutely hate?
I would like to form a detailed list of the things I refuse to eat.
- anything with tomatoes
- which includes all tomato sauces
- and pizza made with tomato sauce
- French Salad dressing
- blue cheese dressing’
- any flavor Goldfish cracker that isn’t a pretzel.
- any flavor of Pringle that aren’t pizza
- kettle chips
- that weird sweet popcorn
- sweet potatoes
And there are more.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but if you feel so inclined, I will provide questions for you if you ask.
Until next time Internet,