I was nominated for an award! I honestly really love these things, so thank you so much Reading Maria for the tag. This is a lovely blog that I greatly enjoy, if you are not reading her blog, check it out.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What is your dream job?
I want to be a published writer. I’ve wanted to be an author since I was in 1st grade when I wrote my first book, a fairy tale called The Princess and her Friend a true masterpiece if I do say so myself. I love books and writing it’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. Right now I work for a publishing company as an editor, so I’m getting there. I just have to keep plugging away.
Have you ever been in an awkward position while at an interview?
I’m going to go with the most awkward question I’ve been asked in a job which wasn’t really an awkward position, but because I am a. Socially awkward and b. Like hiding that I’m a giant nerd when first meeting someone, being asked about my volunteer charity work for the Random Acts foundation and having to explain GisWheS to a woman in 60’s or any other human person who was judging me because it’s their job is super awkward.
What is/was your favorite subject in school?
My favorite class, I have ever taken was my 11th grade American Literature class.
What does your morning routine look like?
I wake up 20 minutes before I have to leave, take a shower, check my Facebook memories, put on makeup and leave my house 10 minutes late. EVERY DAY
What was the last book you read OR movie you saw? What did you think?
I will be finishing Frost Blood today. I will I swear. I’ll be writing a review about it next Monday. I love it, and unless it tanks in the last 100 pages, it will be getting a high rating.
The last movie I saw was La La Land, which I liked but didn’t understand why it was nominated for 700 Oscars. I mean, it’s a good movie, but not the greatest movie since Citizen Kane, which is the best movie of all time.
Where would you go for your dream vacation?
England. I got to go when I was in High School, but we arrived the same day as the bus bombings in 2005, so I didn’t get to, like, experience it. I would love to go back.
Semi-related, I met Snoop Dogg in a Dublin Hotel during the same trip.
I will also copy-cat the pet question! Do you have any pets? OR if you don’t, what would be your dream pet? Pictures, please!
I have 2 cats! Elliot (yellow) and Spencer (black)
My dream pet is 17 more cats.
What are your hobbies?
Umm… I write and I read a lot. I don’t really do anything exciting. I used to play volleyball.
What has been a big milestone for you in your life so far?
I turned 30, and I moved out of my parents’ house. I also started to just do things by myself, which has been great for me. Not having people do things with has been holding me back for a while.
What would your dream home consist of?
You know secret rooms that open when you press a certain spot on the wall? I want about 5 of those. 4 of those rooms would be libraries, the 5th would be a room completely dedicated to Harry Potter.
Where can I find you on social media?
I do some Tumblr-ing and Facebooking, but not a much as I used to. I spent quite a bit of time on WordPress now.
I won’t be tagging anyone, so these questions are for anyone and everyone who feels the urge to answer them.
- What has been your latest earworm? (Mine is “We are All Batpeople” by the vlogbrothers. Please listen to it. It’s been stuck in my head for 2 weeks.)
- Where is your happy place?
- Besides books and reading what are you most passionate about?
- I will also copy-cat the pet question! SHOW ME THE CUTE PETS!
- If you had the ability to time travel where would you go and why?
- What is the least favorite book you have ever read?
- Is there a book from school that you hated that you have re-read as an adult and loved?
- What is your favorite fictional animal or animal from fiction? For example: Jasmine’s tiger from Aladdin and Tigger from Winnie the Pooh would both count
- Biggest Pet Peeve?
- What if your favorite quote?
- What 3 famous/fictional people, living or dead, would you want at your fantasy dinner party?
Until Next Time Internet,